Locality Florence area
6 double ensuite room
ideal for a family reunion
Every stone in the Tuscan landscape tell about the many cultures that inhabited it throughout the centuries. About 30 Km from Florence, Villa del Giglio holiday property, built on the ancient Via Francigena connecting France to Rome, is a magnificent example, evoking a multitude of ancient influences. The castle was built back to 1210,from a most important noble family as the centre of Val d'Elsa's court. They owned and lived in this fabulous castle, later transforming it into an elegant country mansion, until the 17th century. Traces of the original 13th century fortified castle are still visible in the square brick tower and the defensive walls along the villa.
Villa del Giglio, has been completely restored while still keeping the spirit and atmosphere of a noble house. It is capable of 12 people accomodation in luxurious comfort.
On the ground floor, you will meet a cosy living room with a fireplace. Magnificent marble staircase guide the guest to the first floor. A corridor provides access to the rest of the house. The big and fully equipped kitchen has terracotta flooring and beamed ceilings. An elegant dining room with French windows gives access to the courtyard. Further on, the Yellow living room with fireplace has a reading room alcove with TV, computer with broadband line and fax. Finally the double bedroom of Federico Barbarossa has an en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath.
On the first floor, another corridor leads to the bedrooms. There are two twin bedrooms, the Celeste and the Pink bedroom - both with bathrooms inside, one with shower and tub and the other with shower. Towards the end of the corridor a double bedroom with outside balcony overlooks the front yard. There is also a laundry room with wardrobe.
XII CENTURY TOWER
The medieval tower standing alongside the villa (part of the original castle) has its own access. From the living room on the ground floor a staircase takes you up to a double bedroom with its own bathroom with shower. With a breathtaking roof terrace.
In front of the Villa you may admire a unique views of the green and fertile countryside below, and the towered town of San Gimignano.
A staircase leads down to the swimming pool of 10 x 5 meters surrounded by a lawn and a n arcaded loggia. Behind is a shower and a fridge.
it's converted into a casual sitting room, with six arched windows offering sweeping views of surrounding countryside. Breathtaking roof terrace.
XIII century chapel, restored in the XVIII century, contains a XIII crypt.
Wine press dated 1743 and cellar with a selection of fine wines available for the guests.
Air conditioning, swimming pool that measures 10 x 5 m, jacuzzi, jacuzzi tubs in 4 bathrooms, maid service 3 hours/6 times a week (Sunday available on request), local cook on request, breakfast for 6 days (Sunday available on request), linen change once a week, food delivery service on request, heating at extra cost, safes in every bedrooms, computer with broadband line, satellite TV, VCR DVD player, telephone extra cost, dishwasher, washing machine, BBQ.
GOOD TO KNOW
The Villa is rented on a weekly base from Saturday to Saturday.
Arrivals must be between 15.00 and 19.00
Rooms must be left at least at 9.30 am
These rates include 3 hours of daily cleaning with a maid and breakfast (excluding Sundays) .Upon request, a cooking, shopping and butler service is also available.
Guarantee deposit: 1,500.00 euro in cheque, cash or credit card (Visa/Mastercad)
Certaldo 12 Km, Montaione 19 Km, Gambassi Terme 12 Km, Montespertoli 8 Km, Empoli 17 Km, Poggibonsi 25 Km, San Gimignano 23 Km, Vinci 27 Km, Colle Val d’Elsa 35 Km, Volterra 44 Km, Firenze 35 Km, Siena 55 Km, Pisa 60 Km, Lucca 60 Km, Livorno 70 Km, Florence Airport – Amerigo Vespucci: 30 km, Pisa Airport – Galileo Galilei: 49 km
In the neighbourhood:
Closest Restaurant: 3 km, Closest golf course – Castelfalfi Golf Club: 20 km, Tennis court: 3 km, Hospital 3 km
- the villa can accommodate 12 people
- Continental breakfast is done 7 days from 8.00 am until 11.30 am
- Cleaning rooms is done 7 days in the week between 09.00 am and 12.00 pm
- Swimming pool from mid-April to end September
- Linen and towels change once a week
- Electricity consumption up to 300 KWatt
Services not included
- Grocery shopping
- Cook and any additional service (12 euro per hour)
- Heating charged on usage 5.00 euro per unit
- Electricity consumption over the first 300 KWatt 0.40 euro per unit
- Telephone 0.12 euro per unit
- Tourism Levy: 1.00 euro per person per day to a maximum of 6 nights, children under 14 years old are exempted
-Guarantee deposit 800.00 euro in cheque, cash or credit card number as guarantee (Visa/MasterCard)
Weekly rental rates 2019
05.1 - 31.5
28.9 - 20.12 euro 9.045,00
01.6 - 28.6
31.8 - 27.9
21.12 - 3.1.20 euro 10.460,00
29.6 - 30.8 euro 12.150,00
AVAILABILITY & REQUESTS
Weekly rental rates 2020
4.1 - 29.5
26.9 - 25.12 euro 7.800,00
30.5 - 26.6
29.8 - 25.9
26.12 - 2.1.21 euro 9.000,00
27.6 - 28.8 euro 9.700,00
Continental breakfast is done 7 days from 8.00 am until 11.30 am
Cleaning rooms is done 7 days in the week between 9.00 am and 12.00 pm
Swimming pool from April to end of September
Linen and towels change once a week
Electricity consumption up to 300 KWatt
Services not included
Cook and any additional service (12 euro per hour)
Heating charged on usage 5.00 euro per unit
Electricity consumption over the first 300 KWatt 0.40 euro per unit
Tourism Levy: 1.00 euro per person per day to a maximum of 6 nights, children under 14 years old are exempted
Guarantee deposit 800.00 euro in cheque, cash or credit card number as guarantee (Visa/MasterCard)
Good to know
1. The villa can accommodate 12 guests
2. A maximum number of 4 children (aged 12 or less) can stay at the property
3. Check-in is between 15.00 pm and 19.00 pm -
4. Check out time is before 10.00 am - account may be finalized the previous day
5. Appropriate identification for registration is obligatory
6. A deposit in euro of 800.00 euro in cheque, cash or credit card number (Visa/MasterCard) is obligatory upon check in and will be returned upon check out in full or as agreed.
7. Continental breakfast is included 7 days in the rental rate from 8.30 am to 12.00 am, breakfast includes: coffee, tea, milk, bread, toast, biscuits, marmalade, fruit juice, yogurt, cereal and eggs
8. Cleaning of the bedrooms is done 7 days between 09.00 am and 12.00 pm and is inclusive in the price
9. The swimming pool is open from mid-April to the end of September
10. The accounts must be finalized at the end of each week
11. Pets are not permitted