Villa The White House on Lake Como
Locality Como Lake
8 double bedrooms
Bathrooms 10 in the villa, 1 in the pool house
Overlooking Lake Como, Villa The White House has one of the most beautiful views in Europe. This liberty style villa has been restored and has an interior space of 1,231 square meters. This exclusive holiday villa on Lake Como has 8 double bedrooms (6 with bathroom); living room; living room; Lunchroom; kitchen; she studies; multimedia room, bar; 2 roof terraces, yoga / wellness room; pool house and entertainment area.
At 881 meters above the lake and without immediate neighbors, the villa is an oasis of tranquility. The nearest mountain village is only 300 meters away.
There you can find a couple of restaurants and it is a perfect base for hiking and mountain biking. Another country close to the cable car in just a few minutes, offers a wide range of restaurants, the villa's private boat mooring and a scheduled river taxi service, ideal for exploring all that Lake Como has to offer
The views from Villa The White are amazing: the sunsets appear golden. These can be enjoyed from the balconies of each bedroom, from the surrounding main terrace of the villa and from the extraordinary swimming pool with its green roof and infinity pool.
The lush garden surrounding the villa is 4.5 hectares large
Villa The White House is located just 75 minutes drive from Milan Malpensa International Airport and 60 minutes from Lugano International Airport.
Villa The White Housecan accommodate 14 people, although additional beds for children are also available. All the bedrooms are designed in a contemporary and elegant way in line with the elegant features of the villa. An elevator connects the 3 main floors with the caretaker's apartment and the laundry in the basement.
1st floor (3 double bedrooms)
One suite also overlooks the lake and is joined to another suite facing east by a large shared bathroom. Both suites have balconies overlooking the lake.
A third suite, facing west, also has a balcony to enjoy the mountain views and sunsets. The large bathroom is a lovely space to relax before dinner.
2nd floor (4 double bedrooms)
The large suite on the 2nd floor has a view of the southern side of the lake.
A second Suite Umbria also to the south and shares a large bathroom with an East-facing Suite. The 4th Suite has a view of the mountains to the north.
This open space offers different entertainment areas. There are 2 large seating areas to enjoy the various entertainment options (TV, projector, stereo system and board games). Furthermore, there is a pool table, kitchenette and w.c. From this floor there is access to two roof terraces offering splendid views of the lake.
There is a last double bedroom, with a private bathroom at the highest point of the house. Accessible from the 3rd floor, the Suite enjoys plenty of light and breathtaking views thanks to huge double windows on 2 sides.
Facilities & Services
There is a nice dining room inside the villa and outdoor dining under a pergola on the huge terrace overlooking the lake. Just a few steps from the villa is the 22-meter long heated infinity pool with Jacuzzi, which offers a 360-degree view of the lake. There is also a well-appointed pool that, with all the full-length windows folded, seems to float on the pool. It has a kitchen, a bar on the island and a comfortable seating area.
In addition to numerous spots for sunbathing around the pool, there are 2 additional outdoor dining options, taking advantage of the proximity of the pool house kitchen. There is also a dressing room and a toilet carved into the rock face.
Carved into the rock wall is a rather surprising yoga / wellness facility. This large room with stimulating views of the lake can comfortably accommodate 8 yoga practitioners side by side and also includes an area for gym equipment: system, a rowing machine, an exercise bike, dumbbells, rubber bands and exercise balls. This room also benefits from a private bathroom, Turkish bath and shower.
Other important things
The villa enjoys a fast wi-fi connection, English satellite TV channels, sound systems, electronic games for children (PS4 and Wii) and a wide selection of board games.
The villa has its own luxury boat moored on the lake. Local ferries are very congested in the summer and follow a strict schedule. Consequently, having your own boat allows you to travel in comfort, according to your schedule and directly where you want to go. This is especially useful when you want to access some of the delicious lakeside restaurants.
Number of Bedrooms: 8
Maximum Number of Guests: 14 (capacity for additional children on request)
Number of Bathrooms: 11 (10 in the villa, 1 in the pool house)
Air Conditioning: Dyson air conditioning fans in all bedrooms (they can be easily shifted to the other rooms/ common areas when required)
Private Parking: Yes
• Yoga Room/Gym: Includes gym equipment, steam room and shower facilities
• Pool: Heated pool and jacuzzi. Children need to be under parent’s supervision
• Pool House: Includes kitchen, dining area, bathroom and TV
• Three Kitchens: Ground floor, top floor and pool house
• Roof Top Bar
• Pool table
• Three TV’s: Each with apple TV and satellite channels
• Children Facilities: Pool toys, board games, Nintendo system, outdoor play area
• Private Playground: including a treehouse, trampoline, Tibetan bridges, zip line, slide. Children must be under parent’s supervision
• Outdoor Dining: Large terrace for Al Fresco dining
• 6 Mountain Bikes for adults
• Boat (Axopar 28) – Moored at Argegno. Cost for the use of the boat is €500 for a half day, €800 for a full day. This includes a private boat with captain and petrol. Max 9 people.
Services included within rental price:
• Villa Manager: 6 days a week; 8 hours a day (9am-1 pm; 4-8 pm). This time schedule is flexible depending on the guest’s schedules
• Housekeeping Staff (2 personnel) - 8 hours a day (8 am- 12 pm; 5-9 pm), 6 days a week. If guests wish to utilise the staff for extra hours or to have additional staff this will be at their cost and it will be Euro 15/ hour to be paid by cash by the guest during their stay. The Villa Manager will manage this directly with guests if required
• Chef & assistant: 6 days a week; this includes the preparation of 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Food and beverage costs to be paid separately from guests (See Food & beverages deposit & Meals condition). If the chef is required for one extra day ( 7 days a week) this will be an extra cost of 700 euro and it must be confirmed at the time of booking
• Welcome drink and snack at arrival including: selection of Italian pizza and focaccia bites, local salami, crackers and cheese platters, fresh seasonal fruit, little traditional pastries; prosecco and non-alcoholic drinks
• Bedroom and Bathroom linen changes every 3 days. For any additional linen change required there will be an extra cost of Euro 150 (for the changes of all the bedrooms and bathrooms)
• Utilities (including pool heating too).
Additional Services: All additional services can be arranged separately e.g. private driver, additional staff, personal trainer, massage, tennis coach, shopping assistant, tours etc. When possible advise before arrival, otherwise this needs to be arranged and coordinated by the Villa Manager together with the main guest during the stay at the villa.
Check-in/out: Check-in from 4 pm and check-out by 10 am. Late check in needs to be confirmed prior to arrival; 2 sets of keys and 2 gate remotes will be handed to guests to have independent access to the villa: the guests and the Villa Manager will both sign a document as proof of the handing over of the key’s.
Security Deposit: €5,000 per week to be held by rental agency when possible otherwise, the full amount of the security deposit in CASH will be collected at the time of check-in by the Villa Manager and released to the guests at check-out.
Food and Beverage Deposit: A food and beverage deposit of €2,000 is required for all the grocery costs during guests stay. It can be paid:
• By Bank transfer: no later than 2 weeks prior to arrival (Bank account to be provided separately when requested)
• By cash: the money will be collected by the Villa Manager at time of check-in.
If additional funds will be required during the stay, the guests will be informed by the Villa Manager who they will provide with a cash top up. The Villa Manager will keep track of the costs and undertake a reconciliation of all the costs at the end of the stay: this will be discussed together with the main guest at the check-out.
Meals conditions: Breakfast is served 8-10 am; lunch 12-2 pm; dinner 7-9 pm.
If the guests wish to have their meals outside of these hours, this needs to be communicated in advance on that day to the Villa Manager and the chef will leave the meals ready for them in the kitchen but the guest’s wont’ be served. The menu choices for each day are to be communicated by the main guest to the villa manager one day in advance.
Breakfast: continental buffet breakfast
Lunch: light lunch including one main and dessert
Dinner: 1 entrée (or buffet of starters), 1 main and dessert
Weekly rental rates 2020
High Season: June, July & August
Mid Season: May, September, October, Christmas & New Year (21st Dec 2019- 4th Jan 2020)
Low Season: January (the other dates), February, March, April, November & December (the other dates)